TREATMENT FOR ACTINIC KERATOSES AND SUN DAMAGE
Radin Skin Centre is now offering an alternative treatment for Actinic Keratosis and sun damage using the latest in laser resurfacing. This treatment uses a resurfacing laser to remove the first few layers of dead and damaged skin to reveal healthier skin cells beneath. The results can last for years to come with proper maintenance. Our resurfacing laser can have the following benefits:
- Smoother, less rough skin
- Reduction in Actinic Keratosis (red, flakey, scaly areas that are often treated with liquid nitrogen spray)
- Glowing and even skin tone
- Reduction in the appearance of dark pigmentation
- Reduction in the pore size
- Reduction in fine lines or fine wrinkles
Description of Treatment
- A thick layer of numbing cream is to be applied at home, 1 hour before treatment to clean skin
- Upon arrival at our office you will complete consent forms
- Numbing cream is removed and treatment is performed by Dr.Radin and assistant.
- The treatment can be described as a mild static/prickly sensation with some heat.
- The treatment takes approximately 30-45 minutes.
- Post care instructions will be given before treatment and taken home.
- The down time includes swelling, peeling, redness, and flaking for apprx 7 days.
- Excessive sun exposure should be avoided for at least 2 weeks after treatment